To accomplish our mission we need your support!

To accomplish our mission we need your support!

Continue to help

Our trek is complete, we reached the summit,
we awarded scholarships for the 2008-2009 ski season!
Ultimately, we’d love to have people
carry on supporting us
and our efforts so that we can continue to help female disabled athletes in the future.
We are currently accepting applicants for this season, which is a Paralympic season.

We did it! Thoughts from Katja

When Hannah called me and asked if I’d be interested to summit Mount Kilimanjaro. I didn’t hesitate for one second to agree, I knew that it would be an amazing adventure but I couldn’t have ever imagined how great the experience was going to be.

Hiking in such a high altitude was the hardest but also the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done in my life. In the beginning I was walking way too fast and I was feeling horrible. It was amazing when I slowed my pace started to learn to listen my body and I found my rhythm. I think that my biggest fight was with my own thoughts. Hour after hour I just had to control my breathing and take one step at the time. The most important thing was that I pushed all the thoughts of pain and tiredness away and tried not to worry about anything.

I’ve always thought that if you want something hard enough you can have that. Still I was surprised how much more power you can find inside of you when you want to reach your goal. That was the feeling I wanted to bring down from the mountain. But I would have never gotten on the top of Kilimanjaro without the other ladies and our great guides and porters. I’m so happy and proud to be able to share this experience with you.

Mzuka madada!

Katja

No comments: